Material-Z v1 Available
Material-Z v1 is now available. It is a new pack that lets users build sophisticated procedural textures and PBR materials for games and 3D art. The package features easy-to-use visual node for nice materials with features like seamless tiling.
Working with Material-Z is about using a large number of building blocks called “Sources” to visually program nodes.
- fBm – Turbulence for noise sources
- Material Mixer – Mix materials based on their properties
- Mixer – Mix sources
- Noise – Large collection of procedural noises
- Operator – Modify your sources
- Pattern – Pattern generators
- Shape – Input shapes for your patterns
- System – Control node flow
- Transform – Warp, displace etc. your shapes
Material-Z includes a cloud-based library of existing materials. You can also contribute to the material library by uploading your own materials.
Material-Z supports various type of pattern generation:
- Symmetric patterns can be created by dedicated pattern generators like “Brick & Tiles”, “Herringbone”, “Circular Tiles” and “Decor Tiles”. These full featured patterns generators can create seamlessly repeatable textures and can be also injected with shapes to further modify the look and feel of materials.
- Procedural pattern generators like cracks, rocks, marble veins, scratches etc.
- Shapes can be transformed and randomly distributed to create tileable forest floors, pebbles and other organic shapes.
- Easy-to-use, visual node editor for “programming”, connecting and mixing nodes and materials.
- Materials are PBR based and support the full principled Disney PBR spec.
- Preview textures, rendered and even high-quality ray-traced previews of your materials. The included ray-tracer supports the full Disney PBR spec.
- Paint module to add existing textures or paint your own textures and patterns using the included paint tools.
- Export the textures of materials and import them into any modern PBR based game or rendering engine.
- Export the GLSL source code of materials to use them directly in your games as procedural materials.
You can learn more about the package here.
This is a friendly community. Please treat everyone with respect. We don't all have to agree, but we do have to be nice. Criticism is fine, but rude comments and name calling will be deleted. Use your real name and don't be spammy. Thanks for adding to the conversation.
- June 2018
- April 2018
- February 2018
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- October 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- May 2016
- May 2014
- Environment Production
- Free Files
- Game Development